DELIVERY & CELLAR STORAGE
Deliveries from our fine wine list and private reserves are charged as below*:
Free of charge on orders where the value of wine is over £500 ex VAT.
£14.50 ex VAT for one case (up to 12 bottles or equivalent).
£18.50 ex VAT for two to five cases (up to 60 bottles or equivalent).
Cellar Plan Customers enjoy free delivery to mainland UK addresses.
*Some areas of Scotland will incur additional delivery charges, please contact the fine wine team at [email protected] for a quote.
We offer professional wine storage ‘Under Bond’ in a dedicated managed account at London City Bond, and ‘Duty Paid’ in our Victorian cellars in Greenwich.
Transfers to other UK bonded facilities incur charges as above, except in the case of transfers to London City Bond facilities, where the charge is £11.50 ex VAT.
Storage charges for 2022 are £10.95 (ex. VAT) per annum per case of 12. This is reduced to £9.95 (ex. VAT) for Cellar Plan customers. Charged annually for the year ahead, there is a minimum charge of 6 months storage. Cases of six bottles are charged at half of the full case rate, with a minimum overall charge per cellar of 12 bottles.
STORAGE OF WINES NOT PURCHASED THROUGH DAVY’S WINE MERCHANTS
As well as offering storage for wines purchased through Davy’s Wine Merchants, our service is extended to wines purchased elsewhere*.
Details of any incoming wines must be given to our logistics and storage team prior to us accepting them – please email [email protected] for more information.
Delivery of wines not purchased through Davy’s Wine Merchants will be subject to standard delivery charges, irrespective of the value of the wines delivered.
- Bonded storage is only for wines under bond (wines which have not yet incurred duty or VAT). If you have paid duty and VAT on the case of wine, it is not under bond.
- Only wines in original cases can be accepted.
- Your wines are stored in recognised bond ‘London City Bond’ where we have a chamber in the bonded warehouse that is fully insulated from temperature fluctuations, light and vibrations.
- All stored wines are insured to full replacement value.
- Cases are subject to a £2.00 (ex. VAT) handling fee when booking in and out.
- Onward delivery is charged at the rates quoted above.
DUTY PAID STORAGE
- Your wines are stored in our below ground and temperature controlled Victorian cellars, which provide the perfect natural environment and ensures your collection will be maintained in optimum condition.
- Unopened original cases (either in original cardboard box or wooden case) are subject to a £5.00 (ex. VAT) booking in fee per case.
- Unopened original cases are stored insured at full replacement value.
- Mixed cases are subject to a £20 (ex. VAT) booking in fee per case. This service is offered to current customers at our discretion.
- Mixed cases must be packed in acceptable card or wooden cases. Where packaging is deemed unsuitable for storage, Davy’s can offer to re-pack in card cases at a charge of £5.00 (ex. VAT) per case.
- Where possible, your wines will be stored horizontally.
- Horizontal storage is not possible for mixed or re-packed cases not designed for this purpose. Where Davy’s have had to repack your cases, we will not be able to store horizontally.
- Mixed cases can only be deposited and withdrawn as a sealed mixed case, and they must be clearly numbered. We request that a booking in form, detailing all wines, is carefully completed and our team will check and inspect all wines are as stated. Any discrepancies will be raised with you prior to any cases being accepted into storage.
- Where possible, wines in mixed cases will be insured at replacement value. In order for mixed cases to be insured, the value must be provided in advance on our booking in sheet and agreed by our Fine Wine team.
- Where single bottles (including spirits) are booked in, they will be subject to a booking in charge of £5.00 (ex VAT). If a selection of single bottles are receipted and are not to be stored as a mixed case (i.e. so that they can be withdrawn individually), the £5.00 (ex VAT) charge will be applicable for each different product received.
- Wines can either be collected from Greenwich (two full working days’ notice required) or delivered.
*Wines are accepted at our discretion, depending on capacity and availability. All incoming wines for storage must be agreed in advance with the Fine Wine Team, with any deliveries into either our bond or duty paid cellars that have not been agreed in advance liable to be rejected.
Details of any incoming wines must be given to our logistics and storage team prior to us accepting them – please email [email protected] for more information. Please click here for full Cellaring Terms & Conditions.
- About Davy’s
- Meet The Team
- Charity Work
- Contact Us
- Greenwich Wineshop
- Terms & Conditions
- Delivery, Collection and Cancellations
Copyright © Davy’s 2008 ‐ 2022
Davy & Co Limited ‐ Registered in England: 129564, VAT number: 206 0019 24. Davy’s of London (Wine Merchants) Limited ‐ Registered in England: 963147. Mullins & Westley Ltd ‐ Registered in England: 380261.
Site design & build by Eleven Miles