2022 Château Bourgneuf, Pomerol – En Primeur – Case of 12x75cl IB | Available from 2025

More details

Would you like to be notified when this product is back in stock?

  • Product description

    Product description

    En Primeur Château Bourgneuf will be available for delivery or storage once it lands in the UK, usually two years following the en primeur offer.

    Ch. Bourgneuf is an excellent family-owned estate in the heart of Pomerol, with vines across some of the most prestigious terroirs of the appellation. The Vayron family have run Ch. Bourgneuf since 1821 and since 2008 the wines have been made by Frédérique Vayron, the daughter of the current owners Xavier and Dominique. The 9ha vineyard here is located across both gravel and clay soils, with 90% planted to Merlot and the remaining 10% to Cabernet Franc. Nestling against the vineayrds of Ch. Trotanoy and with L’Eglise Clinet located just to the northeast, the wines produced here are classic and fine examples of Pomerol. The wines here are relatively approachable and rounded in youth, but with enough concentration and complexity to reward cellaring for a decade or more. There are old vines here, with an average age of 40 years old and the vineyard management is environmentally-focussed (the estate was awarded HVE3 environmental certification in 2019). Ageing takes place in oak barrels, 35% of which are new.

    En Primeur pricing is per case as specified and excludes UK duty and VAT, which will be charged at the prevailing rate when the wine is released from bond for delivery. Bonded storage is available. Onward delivery or transfer is not included and can be quoted for on request. Free delivery on orders over £100 does not apply to bonded or en primeur wines.

    BACK TO BORDEAUX EN PRIMEUR

  • Delivery

    Delivery

    UK mainland deliveries for wines listed under bond, en primeur, from our fine wine list and private reserves are charged as below:

    Free of charge on orders where the value of wine is over £500 ex VAT.
    £14.50 ex VAT for one case (up to 12 bottles or equivalent).
    £18.50 ex VAT for two to five cases (up to 60 bottles or equivalent).
    Cellar Plan Customers enjoy free delivery to mainland UK addresses.
    Some areas of Scotland will incur additional delivery charges, please contact the fine wine team at privatecellars@davy.co.uk for a quote.

    We offer professional wine storage Under Bond in a dedicated managed account at London City Bond Drakelow, and Duty Paid in our Victorian cellars in Greenwich.

    Transfers to other UK bonded facilities incur charges as above, except in the case of transfers to London City Bond facilities, where the charge is £11.50 ex VAT.

    Please click here for further details.

  • Returns

    Returns

    SALE OR RETURN is available by prior arrangement only and for orders of 96 bottles or more. Beers, soft drinks and spirits are available on Sale or Return for delivery and collection but only in addition to wine orders. All returns are at the customer’s expense. Returns must be made within 28 days of original delivery and goods must be in a resalable condition. We reserve the right to only refund up to 25% of the original order. For further details please contact customer services 020 8858 9147.

    CANCELLATIONS can be made within seven working days from receipt of delivery, provided that all wines are unopened and in their original condition. To cancel an order customers should contact the Customer Service team on 020 8858 6011 or email orders@davy.co.uk. It is your responsibility to keep the wines safe and in their original condition until collection is made.

    TASTING CANCELLATIONS – full refunds can only be made where at least 7 days’ notice is given prior to the event date. Refunds will only be given after this time if we are able to re-sell your tickets. In the event that a tasting is cancelled, Davy’s shall offer customers a full refund.

    view full details

Product description

En Primeur Château Bourgneuf will be available for delivery or storage once it lands in the UK, usually two years following the en primeur offer.

Ch. Bourgneuf is an excellent family-owned estate in the heart of Pomerol, with vines across some of the most prestigious terroirs of the appellation. The Vayron family have run Ch. Bourgneuf since 1821 and since 2008 the wines have been made by Frédérique Vayron, the daughter of the current owners Xavier and Dominique. The 9ha vineyard here is located across both gravel and clay soils, with 90% planted to Merlot and the remaining 10% to Cabernet Franc. Nestling against the vineayrds of Ch. Trotanoy and with L’Eglise Clinet located just to the northeast, the wines produced here are classic and fine examples of Pomerol. The wines here are relatively approachable and rounded in youth, but with enough concentration and complexity to reward cellaring for a decade or more. There are old vines here, with an average age of 40 years old and the vineyard management is environmentally-focussed (the estate was awarded HVE3 environmental certification in 2019). Ageing takes place in oak barrels, 35% of which are new.

En Primeur pricing is per case as specified and excludes UK duty and VAT, which will be charged at the prevailing rate when the wine is released from bond for delivery. Bonded storage is available. Onward delivery or transfer is not included and can be quoted for on request. Free delivery on orders over £100 does not apply to bonded or en primeur wines.

BACK TO BORDEAUX EN PRIMEUR

Delivery

UK mainland deliveries for wines listed under bond, en primeur, from our fine wine list and private reserves are charged as below:

Free of charge on orders where the value of wine is over £500 ex VAT.
£14.50 ex VAT for one case (up to 12 bottles or equivalent).
£18.50 ex VAT for two to five cases (up to 60 bottles or equivalent).
Cellar Plan Customers enjoy free delivery to mainland UK addresses.
Some areas of Scotland will incur additional delivery charges, please contact the fine wine team at privatecellars@davy.co.uk for a quote.

We offer professional wine storage Under Bond in a dedicated managed account at London City Bond Drakelow, and Duty Paid in our Victorian cellars in Greenwich.

Transfers to other UK bonded facilities incur charges as above, except in the case of transfers to London City Bond facilities, where the charge is £11.50 ex VAT.

Please click here for further details.

Returns

SALE OR RETURN is available by prior arrangement only and for orders of 96 bottles or more. Beers, soft drinks and spirits are available on Sale or Return for delivery and collection but only in addition to wine orders. All returns are at the customer’s expense. Returns must be made within 28 days of original delivery and goods must be in a resalable condition. We reserve the right to only refund up to 25% of the original order. For further details please contact customer services 020 8858 9147.

CANCELLATIONS can be made within seven working days from receipt of delivery, provided that all wines are unopened and in their original condition. To cancel an order customers should contact the Customer Service team on 020 8858 6011 or email orders@davy.co.uk. It is your responsibility to keep the wines safe and in their original condition until collection is made.

TASTING CANCELLATIONS – full refunds can only be made where at least 7 days’ notice is given prior to the event date. Refunds will only be given after this time if we are able to re-sell your tickets. In the event that a tasting is cancelled, Davy’s shall offer customers a full refund.

view full details