About the producer: Louis Roederer
Louis Roederer is one of the few great Champagne houses still in family ownership. Famous for the prestigious ‘Cristal’ created especially for Czar Alexander II, Louis Roederer’s main focus has always been on quality and individuality. View our range.
They produce 75% of their own fruit, a key quality control in champagne and the other 25% is bought from growers who share their philosophy and standards. Less than 50 growers, who have a long relationship with the Champagne house, are selected by Roederer and must share the same approach to sustainability.
The Domaine hasn’t grown much in the last century. Only 8ha were bought in recent years from one grower who they have a long relationship with. Even though demand is rising, Roederer prefer not to increase their production at the cost of quality. As a dramatic example of this, even though 2010 was for many a great vintage in Champagne, no Cristal was produced as some grapes didn’t reach the quality expected. The estate is mainly famous for its Brut Premier, Vintage Rosé and Cristal Cuvée.
Louis Roederer Vineyards…
They own 240ha of vines in Grand and premier sites cru along the Vallee de la Marne, the Montagne de Reims and the Cote des Blancs. No less than 600 pickers are required every year complete the harvest by hand. Harvest takes place when the grape is at optimum ripeness, which isn’t easy in the Champagne climate. Grapes have to be transferred in a short amount of time to avoid oxidation so the estate owns several presses in the area, with grapes reaching the press house in just 20 minutes.
Louis Roederer have two wineries on site, one for vintage and one for non vintage. Their wines are mainly fermented in stainless steel but they do use oak vats for grapes sourced in Verzenay in the Montagne de Reims. The climate being cooler, the oak vats help the micro oxygenation of the wine and soften the texture.
Following the 5 weeks of riddling to bring the sediments at the bottle neck, the disgorgement can take place. This is a necessary operation that freezes the sediment in order to remove it and makes the wine very fragile. Roederer always age their Champagne for an extra 6 months before release.
Read our Blog…
At Davy’s we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer a first class service. We follow up every order to make sure you’re completely happy and that your wine has arrived in perfect condition. Should you have a query or problem please contact a member of the team who will be pleased to help on 020 8858 9147 or email email@example.com. Your satisfaction is paramount so if you haven’t enjoyed a wine we want to hear about it.
Delivery is FREE FOR ORDERS OVER £100 to a single UK mainland address*. All other orders are charged £9.95 per UK mainland delivery address*. Excludes items purchased in bond where delivery will be charged at cost.
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY, available when you order six bottles or more, or over £75, to a single address (includes SE10, SE3, SE7, SE8 and SE13). Please call the customer service team on 020 8858 9147. Please allow up to 5 days for delivery. For orders required in less than 5 days, our standard terms apply.
When placing your order you can request for wines to be signed for when delivered or left in a safe place if a specific instruction is given. Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for any subsequent loss or damage which occurs once the consignment has been left.
Wines ordered before 12pm should be delivered within 48 hours (working days). If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to let you know.
view full details
Sale or return is available. All goods returned must be in a reasonable condition and only unopened cases will be accepted. A minimum collection charge of £7.95 will be applied to all sale or return orders.
Any damaged bottles must be reported within 48 hours of delivery. A full refund will be given on receipt of the damaged bottles.
Orders may be cancelled up to seven working days from receipt of delivery provided that all wines are unopened and in their original condition.
To cancel an order customers should contact the Customer Service team on 020 8858 6011, fax details on 020 7716 3366, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your responsibility to keep the wines safe and in their original condition until collection is made.
In the event of customer cancellation full refunds will only be given if we are notified at least 7 days before the date of the event. Refunds will only be given after this time if we are able to re-sell your tickets.
In the event that a tasting is cancelled, Davy’s shall offer customers a full refund.