About the producer: Ramos Pinto
Ramos Pinto was established in 1880 by brothers Adriano and Antonio. It was acquired by Champagne house Louis Roederer in 1990, whose investments have seen the company return to its former glory. Holding the largest proportion of vineyards in the Douro Valley, in relation to their production, they produce only wine and Port with grapes from their own estates.
Vineyards & Winemaking
The 187 hectares of vineyards are located in the Alto Corgo and Douro Superior. Four quintas (or estates) make up Ramos Pinto’s holdings; Quinta do Bom Retiro, Quinta de Ervamoira, Quinta de Urtiga, and Quinta do Bons Ares. Although winemaking processes have been modernised, the traditional foot treading of grapes looks set to continue.
Alongside a classic range including White, Ruby, Tawny, Late Bottled Vintage, Aged Tawny and Vintage they also produce Lágrima, Collector Reserva and Duas Quintas White, Reserva White, Red, Reserva Especial, and Reserva Red. Some single Quinta are also made; Quinta de Ervamoira 10-Year Tawny and Vintage, and Quinta do Bom Retiro 20-year Tawny being some of the most renown.