- Browse By Style
- Browse By Grape
- Browse By Country
- Browse By Region
- Gift Ideas
- Fine Wine
- Browse By
- En Primeur Offers
- Private Cellars
- Cellar Plans
- Wine Investment
- Wine Bars
We offer professional wine storage ‘Under Bond’ in a dedicated managed account at London City Bond, and ‘Duty Paid’* in our Victorian Cellars in Greenwich.
Storage is charged at £10.95 (ex. VAT) per annum per case of 12. This is reduced to £9.95 (ex. VAT) for Cellar Plan customers. Charged annually in January for the year ahead, there is a minimum charge of 6 months storage. Cases of six bottles are charged at half of the full case rate though there is a minimum charge of 12 bottles.
*Duty paid mixed-case storage is temporarily suspended. If you would like more information on when we are able to offer this service again please get in touch using the below details.
Duty Paid Storage
- Your wines are stored in our below ground and temperature controlled Victorian cellars which provides the perfect natural environment and ensures your collection will be maintained in optimum condition.
- Unopened original cases (either in original cardboard box or wooden case) are subject to a £5 (ex. VAT) booking in fee per case.
- Unopened original cases are stored insured at full replacement value.
- Mixed cases are subject to a £20 (ex. VAT) booking in fee per case.
- Mixed cases must be packed in acceptable card or wooden cases. Where packaging is deemed unsuitable for storage, Davy’s can offer to re-pack in card cases at a charge of £5 (ex. VAT) per case.
- Where possible, your wines will be stored horizontally.
- Horizontal storage is not possible for mixed or re-packed cases not designed for this purpose. Where Davy’s have had to repack your cases, we will not be able to store horizontally.
- Mixed cases can only be deposited and withdrawn as a sealed mixed case and they must be clearly numbered. We request that a booking in form, detailing all wines, is carefully completed and our team will check and inspect all wines are as stated. Any discrepancies will be raised with you prior to any cases being accepted in to storage.
- Where possible wines in mixed cases will be insured at replacement value. Where it is not possible to insure certain wines, this will be agreed with you prior to our accepting wines into storage.
- Wines can either be collected from Greenwich or delivered by the Delivery is charged at £9.95 (ex. VAT) for up to 5 cases. Delivery of more than 5 cases is charged on quotation, as this may require a specialised service.
- Bonded storage is for wines under bond only (wines which have not yet incurred duty or VAT). If you have paid duty or VAT on the case of wine, it is not under bond.
- Only wines in original cases can be accepted.
- Your wines are stored in recognised bond ‘London City Bond’ where we have a chamber in the bonded warehouse that is fully insulated from temperature fluctuations, light and vibrations.
- All stored wines are insured to full replacement value.
- Cases are subject to a £2.00 (ex. VAT) handling fee when booking in and out.
- Delivery from bond is charged at cost and one case is £12.50 (ex VAT) for most UK mainland addresses. Deliveries of more than one case are on quotation and are dependent on the destination address.
Details of any incoming wines must be given to our logistics and storage team prior to us accepting them – please email [email protected] for more information. Please click here for full Cellaring Terms & Conditions.
Stay up to date
Be the first to find out about our latest news, tastings, special offers and more. Sign up to our newsletter here.
- Fine Wine
- Terms & Conditions
- Charity Work
- Where’s my order?
- Delivery, Collection and Cancellations
- Payment Methods
- How To Order
- About Davy’s
- Greenwich Wineshop
- Contact Us
Copyright © Davy’s 2008 ‐ 2020
Davy & Co Limited ‐ Registered in England: 129564, VAT number: 206 0019 24. Davy’s of London (Wine Merchants) Limited ‐ Registered in England: 963147. Mullins & Westley Ltd ‐ Registered in England: 380261.
Site design & build by Strawberrysoup