Cellaring Terms & Conditions
When cellaring your wine with Davy’s you are guaranteed the following services and assurances for security and peace of mind:
- Ideal and secure cellars both duty paid and under bond.
- Annual Cellar Certificates are available confirming the wines and/ or cases that we look after on your behalf.
- Updated throughout the year with every cellar movement and available on request at all other times.
- An annual independent stock audit on all except duty paid mixed cases.
- Your uniquely identifiable details on every case we store in our duty paid temperature-controlled warehouse in Greenwich.
- No stock movement is permitted without your written/emailed instruction.
- Viewing of your wines both duty paid or under bond. (For under bond viewings we require 1 weeks’ notice. For duty paid a minimum of 48 hours.)
Davy’s charges for cellaring:
Cellar charges are for the year or part thereof and are charged annually on 1st January or on receipt of wine into our cellars.
- A handling charge for receipt or release is charged at £2.00 excluding VAT per
9-litre case (12 x 75cl) or part thereof.
- Cellar charges for 2020 are £10.95 excluding VAT per case of 12 bottles (or 9 litre
equivalent) per year or part thereof. There is a minimum charge of 6 months storage.
- Cases of six bottles (or 4.5 litre equivalent) are charged at half of the full case rate,
although there is a minimum charge of 12 bottles.
- A photography and condition reporting service for bottles/cases is available – plese enquire for costs.
- Delivery charges apply, on quotation.
- Should you wish to trade your wines, Davy’s offer a brokerage service and could
offer your wines into the market subject to a 10% broking fee on sale value achieved.
- Our brokerage service requires we have physical receipt of your wines in our bonded or duty paid facility.
Customer stock is insured to replacement value whilst in storage with Davy’s, except duty paid mixed cases.
- Where possible wines in mixed cases will be insured at replacement value. Where it is not possible to insure certain wines, this will be agreed with you prior to our accepting wines in to storage.
- In the event of non-payment of accounts (including storage charges), Davy & Co Ltd. reserves the right to exercise a lien over and/or to sell some or all of a customers’ reserves and to deduct from the proceeds of sale from any outstanding amounts. (In addition for unpaid accounts customers risk the loss of benefits, services and assurances given).
Wine glasses can be hired by the dozen when wine is purchased from our Wine Shop. Glasses must be collected from the Wine Shop and returned on a mutually convenient date. Delivery and collection is available in the Greater London area at the customer’s expense. A £1.50 deposit per glass will be charged and is fully refunded on the return of all unbroken glasses. Glasses must be returned clean and polished otherwise a cleaning fee of £1.50 per glass will be incurred.
Any special offer, sale or bin end wines are offered on a first come first served basis and subject to stock remaining unsold. Wines bought from a sale list or bin end selection will not be eligible for any further case discount other than the initial saving shown. No further discount will be applied to sale, promotional or bin end bottles or cases. Online voucher codes cannot be used against bin end, sale or promotional items.
All attendees of Davy’s ticketed events must be 18 years or over. Anyone that appears under the age of 25 will be asked to produce photographic identification with proof of age.
Customer details are collected when you:
- Place an order with us.
- Purchase tickets to our tastings.
- Enter prize draws and competitions.
- Request to receive information about Davy’s.
We collect information about our customers to provide the best level of service possible, inform about forthcoming promotions, special offers and events. Davy’s do not pass details to any third party.
If you no longer wish to receive information from Davy’s please email [email protected] or call 020 8858 6011.
For any further enquiries please call our wine shop on 020 8858 9147 where a member of the team will be delighted to help.
Competitions and Prize draws
Prize draws take place in Davy’s offices.
Winners are chosen at random and notified by post, email or telephone immediately after the draw.
The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Prizes must be claimed within 28 days of notification, after that prizes become invalid and a replacement winner will be drawn.
No purchase necessary.
Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
Employees of Davy’s or their families are not eligible to enter.
Davy’s reserve the right to withdraw any promotion at any time.
Delivery date to be arranged by mutual agreement between Davy’s and the prize winner. In the event of a re-delivery being required we retain the right to charge.
Vouchers usually aren’t valid in conjunction with any other offer. They exclude Fine wine List (DP & IB), Spirits, Club wines, En Primeur and Tastings.
Goods should be inspected upon delivery and any breakages reported immediately, within two days of delivery at the latest. Please call 020 8858 9147 or email [email protected] to arrange a replacement or credit.
If you find a wine that has been bought from us to be faulty please retain the packaging and receipt and contact us to discuss. Please call the customer service team on 020 8858 9147 or email [email protected]
Returns & Refunds
Wines are available on Sale or Return, by prior arrangement only, for orders of 96 bottles or more. Beers, soft drinks and spirits are available on Sale or Return for delivery and collection but only in addition to wine orders. All returns are at the customer’s expense. Returns must be made within 28 days of original delivery and goods must be in a resalable condition. We reserve the right to only accept back up to 25% of the original order. For further details please contact a member of customer services 020 8858 9147.
You may cancel your order at any time until seven working days after the day the goods are delivered. Cancellations should be made in writing or by email at [email protected]. Where goods have already been delivered there may be a charge to cover the collection. Wines must be returned unopened and in their original condition. It is your responsibility to keep the wines safe until collection is made.
Event refunds & cancellations
In the event of customer cancellation full refunds will only be given if we are notified at least 7 days before the date of the event. Refunds will only be given after this time if we are able to re-sell your tickets.
In the event that a tasting is cancelled, Davy’s shall offer customers a full refund.