I’ve ordered from a Wedding Gift List, where will this be delivered?
If your order is part of a Wedding Gift List, this will be added to the happy couple’s cellar and delivered all together to their requested address. Please note the Wedding List details should be indicated within the delivery note section.
I’ve ordered an en primeur/ wine under bond, how long will it be until I can take delivery?
Wines bought en primeur are shipped to your chosen address or storage facility when ready from the winery. Typically for Bordeaux en primeur, this is 2 years following the en primeur offer. For Burgundy and other regions it can vary, please enquire for more information.
Some bonded wines are offered from stock and may be available immediately. Duty & VAT will be applicable to all bonded wines requested for delivery to mainland UK and EU addresses.
Do you offer storage?
We offer both bonded and duty paid storage, please see our website for further details: https://www.davywine.co.uk/cellar-storage/
How much does delivery cost?
Delivery is free of charge on orders over £100 from our website (please see Delivery for more information). For All bonded and en primeur wines, delivery is charged at cost from our bonded warehouse, please enquire for further details.
At Davy’s we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer a first class service. We follow up every order to make sure you’re completely happy and that your wine has arrived in perfect condition. Should you have a query or problem please contact a member of the team who will be pleased to help on 020 8858 9147 or email [email protected] Your satisfaction is paramount so if you haven’t enjoyed a wine we want to hear about it.
Delivery is FREE FOR ORDERS OVER £100 to a single UK mainland address*. All other orders are charged £9.95 per UK mainland delivery address*. Excludes items purchased in bond and en primeur where delivery will be charged at cost.
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY, available when you order six bottles or more, or over £75, to a single address (includes SE10, SE3, SE7, SE8 and SE13). Please call the customer service team on 020 8858 9147. Please allow up to 5 days for delivery. For orders required in less than 5 days, our standard terms apply.
When placing your order you can request for wines to be signed for when delivered or left in a safe place if a specific instruction is given. Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for any subsequent loss or damage which occurs once the consignment has been left.
Wines ordered before 12pm should be delivered within 3 working days. If for any reason this is not possible, we will contact you to let you know.
Orders are normally delivered between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
We always do our very best to achieve our stated delivery times but please note we cannot be held responsible for circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, adverse weather conditions and supplier & 3rd party / carrier difficulties. Please note that in busy periods such as December, deliveries may take longer. We will advise on dates in due course for which to place orders by, for guaranteed Christmas delivery. Order by midday Wednesday 18th December to guaranteed pre-Christmas delivery. Please note we will not deliver on the 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st December as well as 1st January.
Please be aware that multi case orders may become separated. Please contact us if you do not receive the balance of your order within three working days.
In the event of redelivery being required Davy’s retain the right to charge an additional minimum fee of £9.95.
By placing an order you are confirming that you are at least 18 years old, we reserve the right to cancel an order if we are unsure of this.
Next day deliveries and pre 1pm deliveries can be arranged for an additional charge of £3.00*. Please note orders must be placed before 12pm on the previous working day.
Deliveries can be made on Saturdays before 1pm for an additional charge of £27.00*. Please note orders must be placed before 12pm on the previous working day.
*Please note those options aren’t available for deliveries to Northern Ireland, Jersey, Channel Islands, The Isle of Man, The Isle of Wight, The Scilly Isles and some areas of Scotland. Deliveries to those specific areas may take longer and are subject to a surcharge (below).
For deliveries outside the UK mainland please contact the team on [email protected] for a bespoke quote. Please note we do not ship wine to the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong.
|Area and postcodes||Price for 1-12 bottles||Price for 13-24 bottles|
|Scottish Highlands Mainland|
AB37-AB46, AB51-AB56, FK17-FK21, IV2-IV40, IV52-IV54, IV63, KW1-KW14, PA21-PA40, PA80, PH15-PH50,
All HS, IV41-IV51, IV55-IB56, KA27, KA28, KW15-KW17, PA20, PA41-PA49, PA60-PA80, PH41- PH44, All ZE
|Isles of Scilly (TR21-25)||£12||£20|
|Channel Islands (GY)||£99||£170|
|Isle of Man (IM)||£99||£170|
|Northern Ireland (BT)||£40||£70|
|Isle of Wight (PO30-PO41)||£25||£35|
Please contact our customer service team on 020 8858 9147 or [email protected] for further information on any of the above.
- Your wines are stored in our below ground and temperature controlled Victorian cellars which provides the perfect natural environment and ensures your collection will be maintained in optimum condition.
- Storage is charged at £10.95 (ex. VAT) per annum per case of 12. This is reduced to £9.95 (ex. VAT) for Cellar Plan customers. Charged annually in January for the year ahead, there is a minimum charge of 6 months storage. Cases of six bottles are charged at half of the full case rate though there is a minimum charge of 12 bottles.
- Unopened original cases (either in original cardboard box or wooden case) are subject to a £5 (ex. VAT) booking in fee per case.
- Unopened original cases are stored insured at full replacement value.
- Mixed cases are subject to a £20 (ex. VAT) booking in fee per case.
- Mixed cases must be packed in acceptable card or wooden cases. Where packaging is deemed unsuitable for storage, Davy’s can offer to re-pack in card cases at a charge of £5 (ex. VAT) per case.
- Mixed cases can only be deposited and withdrawn as a sealed mixed case and they must be clearly numbered. We request that a booking in form, detailing all wines, is carefully completed and our team will check and inspect all wines are as stated. Any discrepancies will be raised with you prior to any cases being accepted in to storage.
- Where possible wines in mixed cases will be insured at replacement value. Where it is not possible to insure certain wines, this will be agreed with you prior to our accepting wines in to storage.
- Wines can either be collected from Greenwich or delivered by the Delivery is charged at £9.95 (ex. VAT) for up to 5 cases. Delivery of more than 5 cases is charged on quotation, as this may require a specialised service.
- Bonded storage is for wines under bond only (wines which have not yet incurred duty or VAT). If you have paid duty or VAT on the case of wine, it is not under bond.
- Only wines in original cases can be accepted.
- Your wines are stored in recognised bond ‘London City Bond’ where we have a chamber in the bonded warehouse that is fully insulated from temperature fluctuations, light and vibrations.
- All stored wines are insured to full replacement value.
- Cases are subject to a £2.00 (ex. VAT) handling fee when booking in and out.
- Delivery from bond is charged at cost and one case is £12.50 (ex VAT) for most UK mainland addresses. Deliveries of more than one case are on quotation and are dependent on the destination address.
Details of any incoming wines must be given to our logistics and storage team prior to us accepting them – please email [email protected] for more information. Please click here for full Cellaring Terms & Conditions.
Orders can be collected from any of our wine shops or bars free of charge with no minimum order. Just select the name of the bar/wine shop you would like to collect from within the drop down list once in the checkout section. Orders will be available for collection within three working days.
Goods should be inspected upon delivery and any breakages reported immediately, within two days of delivery at the latest. Please call 020 8858 9147 or email [email protected] to arrange a replacement or credit.
If you find a wine that has been bought from us to be faulty please retain the packaging and receipt and contact us to discuss. Please call the customer service team on 020 8858 9147 or email [email protected]
We do our utmost to ensure every wine listed will be available to you. However by their very nature wines have limited availability, so from time to time we may run out of a particular wine or vintage. When this happens we will contact you to an offer alternative wine or send the next available vintage.
Wines sold In Bond (IB) and/or en primeur will not receive a case discount or free delivery and are not part of our Premier Cru Reward scheme. These wines will be subject to duty and VAT at the prevailing rates if you wish to remove from bond. Wines remaining in bond will incur storage charges of £11.94 per year (or part thereof). Handling will be charged at £2.40 per case. Onward delivery will be charged at cost.
Wines are available on Sale or Return, by prior arrangement only, for orders of 96 bottles or more. Beers, soft drinks and spirits are available on Sale or Return for delivery and collection but only in addition to wine orders. All returns are at the customer’s expense. Returns must be made within 28 days of original delivery and goods must be in a resalable condition. We reserve the right to only accept back up to 25% of the original order. For further details please contact a member of customer services 020 8858 9147.
Free glass loan is available within Greater London but only for events where the entire drink order is placed with Davy’s, with a minimum of 48 bottles of wine. A deposit of £1.50 per glass is taken upon delivery, which will be refunded when returned. Any breakages must be paid for. Glasses must be returned clean and polished otherwise a cleaning fee of £1.50 per glass will be incurred. Returns are at the customer’s expense.
You may cancel your order at any time until seven working days after the day the goods are delivered. Cancellations should be made in writing or by email at [email protected]. Where goods have already been delivered there may be a charge to cover the collection. Wines must be returned unopened and in their original condition. It is your responsibility to keep the wines safe until collection is made.
Where a payment does not meet our required security checks we reserve the right to cancel and credit in full.
In the event of customer cancellation full refunds will only be given if we are notified at least 7 days before the date of the event. Refunds will only be given after this time if we are able to re-sell your tickets.
In the event that a tasting is cancelled, Davy’s shall offer customers a full refund.